Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog #4: Icons Loop

Recently, I went to Mexico for a week during summer vacation. When the sun goes down, there is not much to do outdoors so I planned ahead and rented the first season of Dexter to bring with me. As the credits rolled after the first episode, I was hooked. The protagonist of the series was so interesting that I could not resist watching the next episode because the curiosity was too much. I ended up watching the entire season in two nights(thats six hours a day!). I grew attached to Dexter and it feels like if I hung out with him, we would be best friends. He has inspired me to change how I think about life and helped me see that by being responsible I can live a great life.

I admire Dexter’s sense of morality and his ability to live a balanced and healthy lifestyle. These are some goals I have set for myself and I find Dexter to be a good example of an intelligent man with a stable career and a fulfilling life. Dexter is a man of logic and a man of mystery, which is what I find most interesting about him. If you havent seen the show, go to your nearest video store and check it out. I promise that it’s worth your while.(All 36 hours of it)


1)I feel like these paragraphs are good for an opener/close because they speak to the reader on a human level, therefore establishing an early writer-reader bond. I want to give the essay a warm intro and outro that keeps the reader thinking.

2)Both talk about how Dexter inspires me and what he represents in my eyes.

3)When a reader walks away from my paper I want him/her to think about being all they can be and to give Dexter a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment