Sunday, September 26, 2010

American Icons Reflection

Prompt: You will produce a highly polished piece of reflective writing in which you describe your place in a continuum of American Icons.

I think that the key words in the prompt are “describe your place in a continuum”. The assignment’s objective is captured in that simple phrase. To me the prompt is basically asking: “Who is your icon and how can you relate to him/her?” I think that I answered the questions reasonably well and I am confident that the reader will understand my references with some background knowledge of the show. I think that the second to last and last paragraph of my essay communicate to the reader, my opinion of my icon and how I see him.

I think that the intro to my paper was done pretty well. The anecdote serves as a hook that grabs the reader attention early on and makes them want to keep reading. I have been experimenting with good anecdotes and it seems to be effective so I shall most likely try this method again. I think that If I could improve one part of my writing, I would want to improve the flow of my writing. The transition between paragraphs doesn’t flow as smoothly as I would have liked it. Using the writing tips, I think I can improve my writing in the future.

I think that an appropriate score for my work would be 50/60. I tried very hard to produce highly polished writing by using what I learned in class and reviewing my notes. The image that I produced with my work could have used some improvement. I was my first time using most of those applications so I will have to work on my photography and photo editing in my spare time so I wont have any problems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment