Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blog #12: Beginning the Internship Brainstorm

The internship I had in mind for next January is a position as an apprentice to the KPBS Broadcast Designer/Network Analyst, David Streib. This internship would require me to work on the studio floor of the KPBS building and helping out with various elements of the procedure. I will also have an opportunity to work in the Computer Lab, where most of the graphic design and video editing take place. I think that a quiet indoor working station will be perfect for me to work at independently where I can concentrate on any give task from my mentor.


I skill that I am confident that I could use full-time is definitely geometry. I like solving problems dealing with shapes and formulas. I think that some of the digital graphic design could incorporate some of these concepts and be a fun new challenge for me. I am also hoping to try out some of the more advanced graphic design software and get a feel for what Dave does every day.


During my internship I hope to learn skills in making 3D designs that I can use in the future to make awesome images. It took Dave years to master the art of graphic design and all that practice earned him 16 Emmy nominations. One day I hope to create epic designs with ease and create masterpieces such as this:


No comments:

Post a Comment